Friday, January 2, 2009

Looking back on 2008

Besides 2008 being the worst year for the economy since the Great Depression, there were also a lot of things that were not crappy about 2008.

The first thing that comes to mind is the election of Barack Obama. Finally America has come to it's senses and realised that maybe things aren't going very well with the Bush Administration and the Republican Party. I'm anxious to see what Obama's first year in office will accomplish.

The second thing that comes to mind is my stage this summer in Banyuls sur Mer. Although the job was pretty tiring since I worked more than 40 hours per week and made only 300 euros per month, I didn't mind since I lived on the Mediterrean Sea and had free room and board plus met lots of great people. I'll always be able to say that I lived in the South of France for a summer.

Thirdly, I was able to travel. This year I went to Barcelona twice, Bretagne (Brittany in English), Germany, Switzerland and Rome. Not bad in one year.

And lastly that most important thing about all of 2008 was that I had good health my boyfriend who loves me.

Let's hope that continues in 2009.

Happy New Year Everyone!

No comments: