Friday, December 26, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

Christmas is already over so I need to start thinking about the New Year. Unfortunately New Year's is not only about partying the night before and having a killer hangover the next day but about making resolutions for the year to come. Like most people who make New Year's Resolutions, I rarely stick to the ones I make. But I'm really going to try this year. Honest.

So drum roll please...my New Year's Resolutions for 2009 are:

1. Exercise regularly

2. Read more books (and spend less time on the internet!)

and

3. Work on my artistic side (Writing and drawing/painting)

These are all self explanatory but I want to explain a bit more in depth.
1. I've been meaning to do a sport at least 2 times per week. I began salsa dancing and I realized that when I night was over, my legs were sore but it felt good. I stopped playing sports in high school and became lazy. Getting back in shape and have a physical activity to do every week is something that I NEED to do. So I might start going to a gym because at least inside, its heated and I really don't like the cold. One of my excuses for not going running or biking outside is that it's too cold out.

2. This is really self explanatory. Frankly I spend too much time on the internet and not enough time reading. It hurts my eyes and usely I don't really look at anything interesting anyway.

3. And lastly, I want to do more writing and drawing. I used to write often in college and now I only write for this blog. Drawing I also enjoy but I don't do it often. I need to substitute the internet and TV for these activities. They stimulate the mind more

So there you have it! The same three things that I want to start doing every year but just can't seem to get around to doing them. I just don't have enough time in between my working 12 hours per week and babysitting and going online.. It just won't be possible. No really, this year I'm going to try. Wish me luck and good luck on all of your New Year's Resolutions!

No comments: