Here are some of the pros and cons that I talked about in the interview:
- Cheap health care!
- The food!
- The wine, the cheese etc etc etc
- The beautiful country and the history
- Good public transportation
- Government aid for underprivileged people
- Stores are always closed on Sundays, between 12-2pm during the week, and closed after 7pm. Growing up in the US of course there's ALWAYS something open until late at night or even all night.
- There are never enough employees for customers, i.e.; the Post Office, the Bank, the super market, etc. etc. etc., so you always wait forever to get something done.
- Strikes, all the time.
- All English/American movies and TV shows are dubbed in French. I prefer watching VO (Original version).
- The French don't give a crap about the laws; example: if there is a handicap parking space, without a doubt someone will park there who isn't handicapped.
I think my list of cons about the US would be longer though...