Sunday, October 12, 2008

Expat Interview

I just did an online interview at www.expatinterviews.com about my life in France. I talked about how I got to France, what I do here and the pros and cons about living in France. Click here to check it out! I know that they are always looking for doing to do interviews for their site so if you're interested, sign up and fill out the questionnaire.

Here are some of the pros and cons that I talked about in the interview:

Pros:
  • Cheap health care!
  • The food!
  • The wine, the cheese etc etc etc
  • The beautiful country and the history
  • Good public transportation
  • Government aid for underprivileged people
Cons:
  • Stores are always closed on Sundays, between 12-2pm during the week, and closed after 7pm. Growing up in the US of course there's ALWAYS something open until late at night or even all night.
  • There are never enough employees for customers, i.e.; the Post Office, the Bank, the super market, etc. etc. etc., so you always wait forever to get something done.
  • Strikes, all the time.
  • All English/American movies and TV shows are dubbed in French. I prefer watching VO (Original version).
  • The French don't give a crap about the laws; example: if there is a handicap parking space, without a doubt someone will park there who isn't handicapped.
What are some other pros and cons that I didn't think of? I could go on and on but those are the first things that came to my mind.

I think my list of cons about the US would be longer though...

2 comments:

Monika said...

Hi Katie,
I enjoyed your expat interview :)

Robert said...

That was a really nice interview. I really liked it!