Friday, May 1, 2009

Paris, here I come!

Our trip to Paris this weekend marks the end of the two week long vacation, and the last one of the school year. Unfortunately the weather has announced the weekend to be not as warm as I hoped and very cloudy. My last trip to Paris in September 2007, right before I began the assistantship was amazing because we had perfect summer weather! I guess I can't win every time with the weather. Last week in Provence was absolutely perfect! People we actually in bathing suits, tanning on the beach! A a few courageous people actually swam in the Mediterranean as well!

I arranged a campus visit with the American University of Paris on Monday morning because I'm very interested in their masters programs. Unfortunately, the price of tuition is almost equal to that of a graduate program back home, which has been putting me off from actually deciding if I want to do a masters or not. I will finally begin paying my loans off this year when I get a real, full time job. I still don't know where yet... I've applied to quite a bit of jobs and not one has contacted me. I still might be a little too early since I can only start working in France in September, and in the US at the end of July.

This weekend however, I don't want to think about the future. I just want to enjoy my weekend in Paris with Christophe. I really want to do a night cruise on the Seine (but without the dinner because we can't really afford that) and all that typically touristy stuff that is so much fun.
I also hope to visit Les Invalides, Musée d'Orsay, Le musée du Moyen Age (The Middle Ages Museum), Versailles, and go to the top of the Eiffel Tower (the last time was with my parents 3 years ago).

I'll be back Monday night, (I told my school that I wouldn't be there and they didn't care!) and I'll recap my stay! Bon weekend everyone!

No comments: